Monday 15 October 2007

Save animals, East Veg-eat-arians


Sick of daddy girl uni students who have decided that free thinking is so hot right now and must try to make you change your opinion... by conversational force if necessary? I know I am. I have nothing against Vego's in general but I do hate these Che Guevera T-shirt sporting dread brandishing politics majors telling me that I don't really like meat and that I should eat vegetables and fruit only. I say that when vegetables are made out of meat I'll get involved in their eco-friendly ways.

So what are the Vego-tarians all about? Well, this is the last line of defence against the hippy-tye dyed regime of these people who think we should go against one of the most instinctive actions of our race, to mung down on a big fat steak in fear of killing a wee calf, having a lampchop in fear of mutilating a sheep or having beef in black bean sauce for fear of killing a dog. We feel that if they truly believe that it is cruel to eat animals then they should offer their nice succulent tender flesh up for the tasting.

Only problem is that after years of lentil diets, most don't have much meat on the bone. But at least for those of us watching our waist lines it will be a meal that is low in fat.

Bring on the carnage.

And remember vegetarians don't worry the next time you eat a big mac, there's no meat in em anyway.

No comments: